Following the principles of a healthy lifestyle is the main thing you can do to maintain health and strengthen the immune function of your body.
Every organ and system in our body, including the immune system, functions better when stimulated by habits that include:
- quitting smoking and alcohol,
- a varied diet with minimal consumption of processed foods
- get a good amount of vitamins
- regular training
- maintaining a healthy weight
- blood pressure control
- getting at least 8 hours of sleep
- passing regular medical examinations, especially to people of age and those at risk of disease.
In addition to all of the above, you need to follow elementary tips that will reduce the likelihood of catching an infection:
- Get vaccinated
- Wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds
- When you cough, cover your mouth with a disposable towel and not with your hand (the same goes for wiping your nose)
- Touch the lips, eyes and nose with your hands less
- Do not use other people’s dishes and cutlery at work